Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prayer Request

If there wasn't enough on our plate...we just found out yesterday that our happy, always healthy, sweet son, Chase has juvenile diabetes. He has been having excessive thirst and running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. He is currently in the hospital and will be here until tomorrow or the next day. He will be okay, but will have to have 4 injections everyday of insulin for the rest of his life or until they find a cure. Right now we are all trying to learn all we can about this as a family. Please keep us in your prayers. My all time favorite saying is "Love is Pulling Together Against All Odds". I am so amazed by Chase and his outlook. He has not let this get to him and says "these shots are a piece of cake"! I hope this attitude will continue.

4 comments:

Dy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I suffer type II diabetes myself, and know firsthand how insidious this disease is. My mother is type 1 and has to take insulin injections twice a day. Your son definitely has an amazing attitude! I will definitely send all the good thoughts I can your way, and hope that they find a cure for diabetes soon!!! Best wishes to you and your family.

Valerie said...

You have been added to my prayer list. What a strong wonderful son.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry. My brother has diabetes. I can't imagine parenting a child with this disease. I'll not only pray for all of you but also a cure!

kia0107 said...

Thank you so very much for the kind words, prayers, and well wishes!